22 June 2010

BUNDALEEReports! ...and "Fuzzy Logic" on Cape Cod!

This just in! Live newsfeed! After an exciting international week visiting "merry olde England," Bundaleer has just touched down briefly in Chicago!


He reported back that he got a little homesick when he saw those nearby Quantas airplanes.

However, he said he's also eager to return to New York and just "hang out" for a while. He probably hasn't gotten much sleep lately. And for good reasons!

Koalas enjoy sleeping! They like to get 18 hours of sleep each day.

However, when there are adventures to be had, koalas can't always fall asleep. That's when the fun begins!

-----------

Following is the fourth chapter in the "Fuzzy Logic" series. This time, Bundaleer, Scoopy and Inky hit Cape Cod!

After yesterday in Rhode Island, we were excited to visit Massachusetts. I like railroads but at this station I was confused.



I asked the station man where to get one of the sandwiches. He said there were no sandwiches here. So I showed him this big sign.

He laughed and said, Silly little koala, that's the name of the town!

OH! I looked at the ground and swallowed hard. I quietly confessed that I usually studied my map each morning...but today I forgot...

Fortunately, he wasn't mad. He just cheerfully suggested another place for sandwiches: the boardwalk in Sandwich!

Whew! I was relieved!




At first, we enjoyed reading many people's names on each plank of the boardwalk.

But that was taking too long. And we three hungry animals needed to reach the real sandwich area! So we caught a lift down to the far end of the boardwalk -- and a return lift, too!




At my next opportunity, I studied the Cape Cod map very hard. Now I knew where I was again!



Later that afternoon, we played on the beach. Can you guess what we pretended to be here? Drifters!

The next place we were going to visit was the Mayflower ship in Plymouth, MA. It got me thinking about pilgrims...




Were Scoopy, Inky and I like pilgrims? We were heading into unfamiliar territory together... What else did it mean to be a pilgrim?

I thought about these questions all evening. I hoped maybe I could answer my own questions tomorrow at the famous Plimoth Plantation.

2 comments: