01 July 2010

Fuzzy Logic Visits Plimoth Plantation

Our next day's journey found us trekking to Plymouth, Massachusetts.


It was cool and rainy so we brewed a pot of tea before heading out.

We explored Plimoth Plantation. It's an outdoor museum that includes a Native American (Wampanoag) home site (at around 1620), and an English settler village (at around 1627).

The actors at the museum taught us about historic clothing, languages, and tasty-sounding foods.



I was most excited to compare the museum's handcrafted canoes with those of my Aborignal people of Australia. This was definitely not eucalyptus wood!

We talked with everyone there who wasn't frightened by our curious group, and we learned a lot!



We were advised by the locals to sample some stuffed crab and quahogs (kind of like clams). We did not regret this friendly advice.



And, at Scoopy and Inky's request, we visit "just one more" lighthouse! This one was at Chatham Beach.



While my two seaworthy buddies were playing in the surf, I talked to friendly locals who were even smaller than me.



These guys looked as if they had seen better days...

...maybe that's what happens to you if you go swimming where you are not supposed to.



Did Americans think these waves were too dangerous for swimming? I grew up with much bigger waves in Australia! I wasn't scared of these waves at all!



And so, my local orange crab friend and I convinced bigger Mr. Horseshoe Crab to take me out into the water! And together, we rode high and mightily on the salty waves, just as I used to do at home!

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2010

    Hi Bundaleer, We think you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is Anna i just made a new outfit for bundaleer but i forgot your new adress

    i miss you guys and bundaleer hope you can visit us again soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anna,

    I miss you too! You gave me such good care with baths and outfits and, oh, remember the parachute adventure??? Maybe I can get Julie to put that parachute video on the blog, too! How's Phinney? I hope good!

    XOXO, Bundaleer

    ReplyDelete