29 March 2010

Bundaleer Revels in the Sunshine State!

Bundaleer sincerely thanks his readers for their patience while he was out and about traveling. Not surprising to some, Bundaleer decided he loves train travel! Here is Bundy seeing where Amtrak will take him!



You should have seen how impatient this little guy was waiting for our two-week Florida trip to begin. He just kept parking himself right next to anything at home that might "send us a sign" to start heading south...



Once we hit the actual Florida beach, Bundaleer was in his element! He soaked up the warm sun, followed energetic volleyball games, and carefully braved chilly waters to find unique shells...



Then, he took a nap to recover from it all. Well, no surprise there.



Now, unlike in New York City, the trees in Florida all boasted lush green leaves in March! From a distance, to a city koala, those leaves looked very tasty indeed! It seems we were forever trying to prevent eager Bundaleer from climbing up into the breezy palms and pines. And usually we were successful.

However, we have to inform you about one episode where little Bundaleer hoisted himself right up into spanish moss. Yes, a little Tarzan in the making. Frankly, Bundaleer had so much fun swinging about that he got a very un-lovely upset tummy. Poor Bundy.



Fortunately, Bundy's "Omi" rescued him from the foliage, and the little guy had a peaceful and restorative "time out" in a protective space.



While Bundaleer decided he liked Florida a lot, he was disappointed that he did not meet more diminutive animals. He wouldn't say so to me but I think he actually wants a pen pal. Well, who knows, maybe there's one out there somewhere.

I always tell Bundy that it takes time to find a really good thing -- like a reliable pen pal, for example. That's usually when my dear koala decides it's time for a nap.

Explore, communicate and nap...that's really it in a nutshell.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bundy,

    How did you keep the sand out of your fir when you were on the beach???

    Your Mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, fur's a funny thing, you know. First, I have to shake off the big clumps of sand. Then I kind of try to paw off the remaining bits.

    However, if Julie sees that I tracked sand in the house, she sometimes puts the hair dryer on 'cool' and goes through my fur bit by bit. It takes a long time but it feels kind of nice. If I don't have other plans, it's a nice way to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your vacation looks like so much fun. I have never ridden in a train before, but I am very hopeful because I've heard some talk of a train ride coming up for me, too. Guess where I might be going? To see YOU! I really hope you think of *me* as a reliable penpal. I do my best- considering that I live in a lively human house with limited access to the internet. Not to mention the fact that my paws are to fluffy to press down those pesky laptop keys (I have to jump pretty hard)...Thanks for the update, Bundy, and I hope we can meet soon. Wheeee! I am swinging away on a piece of yarn and pretending its Spanish moss...

    ReplyDelete