07 February 2010

A Sled for Bundaleer

Yesterday, I received my first winter sled! Julie built it for me at home. It fits me perfectly! It even has a koala seat belt! Below, I am trying out the sled for the first time...



Next, I did a "dry run" down a soft, grassy hill. I guess I had a little help. It takes time for koalas to learn how to drive a sled.



Finally, I had to pass the brick wall test. That's the steepest hill of all. But I didn't fall out. Koalas learn how to hang on very well -- and very early -- in life.


I can't wait to go out in the snow!

4 comments:

  1. That brick wall looks very steep!

    When you go out sledding in the snow please start on the "bunny trail" so you don't get hurt. We don't want to see you end up in the Koala Hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Koala Hospital is very far away from New York so I promise to be extra careful. Do you think American veterinarians would know how to take care of a koala?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bundaleer, you certainly are a lucky koala. You have fabulously creative and adventurous parents, too. We wonder if you are going to watch the Winter Olympics from your sled. Make sure to remind your parents that koalas like to be a part of the international scene! Luckily you are nocturnal, so the time difference should work in your favor...

    Actually, while you are a bit stocky for the luge event, we all think that with a nice, protective helmet, you could valiantly represent Australia on the bobsled team. (That is, if you like the idea.)

    There is a buzz going around Massachusetts that you may have a long-lost cousin who is a world-class snowboarder, too...

    We're glad to see you looking well and getting lots of "fresh air"! Keep us posted on all your latest escapades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. こんにちは、
    我々はBundaleerように!
    また、 - あなたは非常にセクシーな手をしている。

    ReplyDelete